Animal Services for the City of Texarkana, Texas are responsible for ensuring the health and safety of the general public and the animal population.
Animal Services keeps City license registration information for all pets within the City limits. This is helpful to help you get your furry family members back home safely when they are lost.
If your pet is registered or micro-chipped, we will make every effort possible to contact you before taking your pet to the animal shelter.
Animal Control Officers (ACO's)
ACO's are responsible for the following:
* Removal of deceased animal from public streets and right of ways
* Catching and trapping live animals
* Enforcement of City Ordinances and Texas State Laws for all
animals including City Registration and Rabies Vaccinations
* Ensure the safety of animals in regards to cruelty or inhumane
* Animal Bite Investigations